August 3-4, 2017
Who should attend?
All members of the general public are invited. The conference may be of special interest to health & behavioral healthcare providers, educators, service members, veterans and their families, first responders, law enforcement, adult corrections, child welfare and juvenile justice professionals, the LGBTQ community, clergy, media, college students, suicide loss and suicide attempt survivors, and interest in suicide prevention.
- Recognize warning signs, risk and protective factors.
- Recognize verbal, behavioral and situational warnings signs.
- Identify high risk populations within the State of Missouri.
- Learn resources for suicide safer care, including evidence-based and promising practices, safety planning and access to lethal means.
- Learn how to access crisis intervention resources and the collaboration between law enforcement and behavioral health.
- Learn how to support individuals and families with lived experience, including suicide loss and suicide attempt survivors.
- Understand the role of social media in suicide prevention.
Hampton Inn and Suites – Stadium
1225 Fellows Pl, Columbia
Columbia, MO 65201